Re: Fuel injection problems

At 01:15 PM 7/23/99 -0400, Anaback@aol.com wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I am a first time scirocco owner - I found a '78 that had been gathering dust
>for ten years, and towed it home for free (only 69,000 original miles, lots
>of "new" parts (well, new in '86 but not used since 87), so rust isn't too
>bad on it.

Wow!  Want to sell it?  Where are you?

>It ran fine for about fifty miles after I put a new fuel pump in it, but then
>I ran into some more fuel problems.  Upon the advise of a mechanic, I
>replaced the fuel distributor(used) and the injectors, and it ran like a
>champ again.  However, the old problem came back, and now she doesn't even
>start.  I tried fooling around with the fuel distributor and eventually went
>to buy a new one - but I have made a messy jumble of my fuel lines.  Could
>anyone do me a favor and open up their hoods and tell me what order the
>stupid lines are supposed to go in?  Also - any suggestions about what to do
>concerning my reoccuring problem?  I have replaced the fuel lines after the
>filter, and am considering dropping the tank.  Also - is the car worth it?

What exactly is hte problem it was having? Did you prime your pump when you
put it in?  If not you *may* have burned that one up.  Of course the  car
is worht it!  Anytime it's not worth it to you tell the list because there
are quite a few looking for MkIs in the shape yours is in.  BTW when I'm in
hte garage later I'll write down the order of the lines.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)