Re: SV: AC ramoval WAS:hot days in the valley/starting problems

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:36:05 +0200 "Roland Johansson"
> <scirocco@mail.bip.net> writes:
> >Those home made wind directors was original mounted on our beloved =
> >Sciroccos, made in hard paper years seems to wear them away.
>
> I looked at buying a replacement item. I figured it would be easier and
> cheaper to just make my own so I did. Besides, mine is bigger and will
> probably outlast the life of the car. :)
>
>               Shawn Meze

I too made a wind director but in retrospect I'd caution folks not to
mount it to tightly to both the Radiator AND the the car body. I think
this led to catastrophic rad. failure one day on the freeway because
something had to give and it was the plastic to metal bond of the rad.
itself.  :(

I used a left over piece of HDF fiber board, but now I've got a supply
of aluminum sheeting for cheap.

TBerk