Re: SV: AC ramoval WAS:hot days in the valley/starting problems

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:29:40 -0700 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:

>I too made a wind director but in retrospect I'd caution folks not to
>mount it to tightly to both the Radiator AND the the car body. I think
>this led to catastrophic rad. failure one day on the freeway because
>something had to give and it was the plastic to metal bond of the rad.
>itself.  :(
>
>I used a left over piece of HDF fiber board, but now I've got a supply
>of aluminum sheeting for cheap.
>
>TBerk

That's where the weather stripping came into play. ive lined the entire
piece so no matter where it touches, its completely insulated. I even
routed the hoses thru the piece and its got its own weather stripping
piece covering all the lines and hoses. I should take a picture of the
thing in place. It doesn't look like much but it is extremely durable and
functional.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and