Re: Euro Cam

Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:

> Getting more power out of the VW 16v engine is expensive, no matter
> how you slice it.  There's very little HP to be freed up by easy bolt
> ons...not that bolts ons won't work...but cheap?  No way.  16v
> header?  50mm intakes?  Cam sets? Head work?  2L short block?  Turbo?

Hey Brett.. if YOU were beefing up a 2.0 16V and funds were not <much> of
an object, what would you do?  After some consultation with the Potterman,
I plan on doing Kent 260s, some high end porting/polishing of the head,
and..?  Euro intake manifold?  What else can/should I do, what approx. HP
will I be looking at, and anything else you can add??  Me wants to go FAST!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0