Re: Oh No, problem shifting

Brad,

OK I see what you are talking about now with the selecter arms having the
little plastic caps on the end of them, they were cruded in grease yeaturday
and today I decreased them and I can see the little plastic things, it looks
like they slide off in one direction.  I checked the fluid and it is level so
I have narrowed the problem down to either the shift linkage or a motor mount
because when I wiggle the linkage a little it will eventually go in so I
don't think it is anything interal, no grinding or anything. While the car is
in gear there is about 2 inches of play left to right and about one inch of
play front to back.  There are a lot of rods and bushings down there do they
sell this in a kit with all of them together?  By the way, on those selector
rods with the plastic caps on them, I can rotate them 45 degrees left to
right is this normal, or is that where my problem is.  Another thing is on
the bottom of the linkage there is a ball and socket type thing that seems a
little loose.  Thanks again

Brian 86 16v