WIndsheild Replacment Completaed [long]

Folks,

It's been a week or two but I thought I'd relate how the front
windsheild came out and the replacement went in.

The previous was cracked on the pass. side when I got the car so I
picked up a used one (from one of my many Guardian Angels :) One day the
orig. came in contact with an irresistible object and the need to swap
was imperative.

I had read up on how to and it worked out pretty easy;

1. Bed sheet draped across the dash and held by the two closed doors.

2. Feet on window with helper prying gasket from out side. Broken
windshields will break to peices at this time, don't sweat.

3. Window out? Run screwdriver around cannel to remove small parts,
remove rubber gasket. (In my case it wasn't the original gasket with
chrome strip so that part of it is simplified in my case).

4. Vacuum up crumbles and splinters, clean dust out of grooves,
rustproof any bad spots, carnubba wax all exposed metal.

5. Carnnuba Wax?! you say? Yeah, forget the dish soap, use car wax, Man!

6. Clothesline makes for a good rope, wax it up and slide the rubber on
the new glass.

7. Wrap the rope around the rubber and place the insides inside the car.
Position the glass in place and work the rubber into the car body.

8. Have buddy outside apply evan, firm, but not too much pressure on the
window as you work the rubber back into place. Pulling the rope and
fingers up in the groove. Do what comes natural.

9. Popsicle stick will help to run around and around a few times to help
the rubber not be tucked under but do no harm. It may ride 'up" or
outwards a bit at 1st but over some time will settle in place.

10. Clean the rubber of car wax and recondition surrounding area. Your
done. (Except for all the finger prints.)

hth,
TBerk