Re: drag strip times

Thats a cool site! Kinda weird to see an American tradition like drag
racing take hold in Eastern Europe. Strange, but _very_ cool!

Looks like you aren't getting traction off the line AT ALL. Either that or
your quarter mile is off. I looked at the times on the 'Speedest' site and
they seem kinda high for all the cars. Since when does a 16v GTi get 17's
and a Viper run high 13's! Are you absolutely sure it's a 1/4 mile and not
a bit longer?

How high above sealevel are you guys overthere in Estonia? The times might
not be corrected.
(Mine aren't, but im close to sealevel)

To answer your question: I dont think you did anything wrong at all. good
job!! ;)

At 04:10 PM 7/20/99 +0300, you wrote:
>Strange!
>
>I was dragracing also!
>did some 3 runs and got
>17.20 @ 88Mph
>
>Speed is the same but time is 2 seconds more!
>
>I have rev limiter set at 6500rpm ( Yuck! :( )
>So, I released clutch @ 3500 and changed gear on 6450 rpm
>Meaning the 3rd gear went to rev limiter some 30-40 meters before the 1/4
>Mile was elapsed. So I had to change to 4th before the end. :(
>
>What I did wrong?
>Engine is stock 8v with only a Jamex airbox modification (112HP+Jamex
>airbox)!
>
>The videos of those runs will be up on my site as soon as I get my VCR to
>work!
>
>Check the times!
>http://www.aidempot.ee/speed.html
>I'm 7th at my class and 27th in overall ratings!
>
>> I just went to the strip this saturday too!
>> I made about 10 or 12 runs and got consistant 15.4's @ "78" mph on 15"
>> street tires. I find the 78 mph hard to believe, I think the MPH gear was
>> screwed up cuz on 11 runs I got 76-78 mph and on ONE run with the same ET
>> got 88 mph. And the last time I was at the strip I got 15.7's at 87-88mph.
>> I was through the traps I was at about 6500rpm in third on my FF tranny.
>W/
>> 195/50 15's  my speed should be around 88mph.
>
>Lauri!
>'84 Scirocco GTI Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
>http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
>I finally added nothing new to my site!

aventari
icq#21583385