Re: drag strip times

Strange!

I was dragracing also!
did some 3 runs and got
17.20 @ 88Mph

Speed is the same but time is 2 seconds more!

I have rev limiter set at 6500rpm ( Yuck! :( )
So, I released clutch @ 3500 and changed gear on 6450 rpm
Meaning the 3rd gear went to rev limiter some 30-40 meters before the 1/4
Mile was elapsed. So I had to change to 4th before the end. :(

What I did wrong?
Engine is stock 8v with only a Jamex airbox modification (112HP+Jamex
airbox)!

The videos of those runs will be up on my site as soon as I get my VCR to
work!

Check the times!
http://www.aidempot.ee/speed.html
I'm 7th at my class and 27th in overall ratings!

> I just went to the strip this saturday too!
> I made about 10 or 12 runs and got consistant 15.4's @ "78" mph on 15"
> street tires. I find the 78 mph hard to believe, I think the MPH gear was
> screwed up cuz on 11 runs I got 76-78 mph and on ONE run with the same ET
> got 88 mph. And the last time I was at the strip I got 15.7's at 87-88mph.
> I was through the traps I was at about 6500rpm in third on my FF tranny.
W/
> 195/50 15's  my speed should be around 88mph.

Lauri!
'84 Scirocco GTI Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!