Re: baking the block

At 12:57 PM 7/19/99 -0400, Doolbnroht@aol.com wrote:
>does anyone know anything about baking a block, say at 400 deg f for 15-30
>min, will it hurt? and the same goes for the head and oil pan. i am planning
>on powdercoating the whole kitten cabootle. hope someone can help me before i
>screw something up.
>tia!
>alan

Your block can handle that, no problem, as it's cast iron.  The oil pan
should have no problem-it's stamped steel; so is  a cookie sheet and they
handle it.  I was going to say the head should too, but wasn't going to say
yes for sure, but look at the temps inside the combustion chamber- it can
handle 400.  I would remove everything of course, which I'm sure you'll be
doing since your powdercoating.  Tell us how it comes out and maybe post
some pics.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)