Re: baking the block

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:57:10 EDT Doolbnroht@aol.com writes:
>does anyone know anything about baking a block, say at 400 deg f for
15-30
>min, will it hurt? and the same goes for the head and oil pan. i am
planning
>on powdercoating the whole kitten cabootle. hope someone can help me
before i
>screw something up.
>tia!
>alan

Actually, some shops bake the blocks to completely clean the blocks,
inside and out. Everything that isnt steel burns and falls away leaving
you a clean as almost right out of the box block.
I think they do this for 4-6 hrs? My memory isnt too clear on the time
but the end results *I* saw were quite impressive. Best of all, no labor
is involved, put it in, forget about it, take it out, let it cool.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and