Re: roc'n the bay '99

I am definitely going!!  The GF might not be coming though because one of
her friends got some birthday event for her that weekend and didn't check
whether or not we already had plans.  }:|  So I'll probably let her get out
of the trip.  (I've got to give her friend a stearn talkin'-to this
weekend.)  My comments on the original message are below.

----Original Message Follows----

1. When are we leaving, and returning?  Route??  (SoCal boys I'm referring
to)

Suggestion: leave Friday evening, return Sunday morning.  Same route as
ND trip - Hwy 1 up, and we could come back the same way, or for speed, take
I-5.  Stay someplace similar to before on Friday night, maybe next to that
Saturn V rocket blasting off at 2am again... that mofo scared the SHIT out
of me!

>>>This suggestion rocks!!  Hwy 1 all the way!!

2. Mid-state guys, where/when are we meeting on trip up?

Depends on who we need to meet and where.. Kris, you gonna make it?

3. Anybody bringing the wimin??  My GF wants to come - IF there are other
    wives/GFs along.  If it's just us gearheads, she's staying home!

Bring 'em!  I think they'd have a good time, especially if there are
a lot of them.  They can talk about shopping, men who are afraid of
commitments, fake tits and other chick stuff if they get sick of our
car drivel...  <g>
>>>The GF might not make it as noted above.

4. Anybody without a Motorola talk-a-bout (or similar) walkie talkie
    should score one before the trip.  Those of us who made the ND trek all
    had 'em, and they were invaluable.

>>>Yep! These are killer!  I've got an extra one for anyone who really can't
>>>afford the $70.

5. When/where do we rendezvous by The Bay?

Meet Saturday, noonish, at someplace central to the NorCal guys.

6. Routes for flogs by The Bay?

I for one will lobby STRONGLY for a blitzkrieg over Route 84, from Redwood
City to San Gregorio.  One of THE best drives anywhere in the country!  If
you've been over that route, you know what I'm talking about.  It has
everything, including breathtaking scenery. Perhaps also a drive over the
Golden Gate on 101?  GREAT photo op above the Golden Gate!  'rocs lined up
with bridge sticking up out of fog looming in background... schweet!

>>>This sounds great to me.  I don't know the area, so I have no input as to
>>>what roads kick ass.

7. "Official" hotel/motel for Saturday night?  Rooms up there fill up VERY
    quickly, we should all be making a res already...

Even Motel 6 outrageously expensive in SF area, and you still get a room
next to some marine beating the shit out of a hooker at 3am...   :0
Anyplace is fine with me.. and for chrissakes, somebody please bring
a big bong!  8^}

8. Dinner site for Saturday night?  It's my birthday, I'm bustin' loose!!

Some decent yet affordable place in The City.. crabs at Fisherman's Wharf
anybody??  I-Talian food in North Beach?  So many good options!

9. Who's going from SoCal??  Who's gonna meet us from The Bay?  Anybody
    coming in from up north our out east???

Be there or be square!!!  Speak up now and be counted.

This should really be a fun trip & gathering, let's get organized and make
it that much better!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0