Re: [TECH] [INJECTION] Fuel Pump (1981 Scirocco)

> The pump appears to have seized - I've heard that you can
> free it by
> "hitting it with a hammer".

Yes, this does sometimes work.  Try hittin' it a couple
times to unstick it (place a chunk of 2x4 between the pump
and hammer) and / or jumper 12volt directly to the pump -
that will sometimes do the trick as well.

FWIW - I had a GTI last year that sat for 3 years -
jumpered the pump and then started the car.  Last I heard
the car was in Pennsylvania gettin' a 16v transplant, same
'ol pump still runnin' just fine.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry