Re: eibachs with boge progas: any BTDT?

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:25:18 +0100 Ewan Hopkins
<Ewan.Hopkins@computeraid.co.uk> writes:

>The H&Rs are too low for standard struts...

You can get a lowering spring OR a stock height spring wich is a little
stiffer. I think you are refering to the springs in which you currently
have.

>they'd be fine with Bilstein
>sports or somethng similar but that's beyond my budget at the moment.
>The progas aren't stiff enough for the amount of travel my H&Rs give -
>they bottom out too easily, even with chopped bump-stops, so I'd imagine

>the turbogas shocks would be worse.  I'll probably hang-on to the H&Rs
on
>the offchance that I get some Bilsteins in the future.

Little info on matching shocks with springs.

Stock height spring you use:
Boge Progas
Bilstein HD's
Koni (any)
Tokico (any)

Lowered spring use:
Boge Turbogas
Bilstein Sports
Koni (adjustable)
Tokico (adjustable)

There it is.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and