[TECH] [INJECTION] Fuel Pump (1981 Scirocco)

I put a new fuel pump on my 1981 Scirocco when it was in North Carolina
(two months ago).

After getting the car up here, the car has not been starting (the car is
in storage). I checked the leads last night - the pump is getting
"Juice".

The pump appears to have seized - I've heard that you can free it by
"hitting it with a hammer".

Any comments or input????

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM