RE: exhausts - manifolds & removing c-clamps

All the parts came from Autocavan - they're online at
http://www.autocavan.com and have an online parts catalogue.
They are based at Farnham, Surrey and the phone number is 01252 333891.
They also do their own performance manifolds, as part of the Powertorque
range, which may be cheaper than the ANSA part. I've had no problems with my
powertorque stuff so I'd guess that the manifolds are OK.  The reason I used
the ANSA part was that I got it nearly new at a greatly reduced price!

Someone posted a technique for removing the exhaust c-clamps which involved
using an exhaust pipe clamp.  The technique is to turn the sliding bar of
the clamp upside down and re-fit it with the nuts going on first, i.e.
against the flat side.  Insert the whole lot inside the c-clamp and turn out
the nuts, so that the sliding bar braces agains the inside of the c-clamp.
The you just keep going until the c-clamp is opened enough to remove it from
the joint. The proper tools are simply wedges that you knock into the
c-clamps to achieve exactly the same effect.

HTH,

Ewan.