alignment happiness

hello good people,

I just got my alignment done at a local shop @ 1 degree negative
camber, and it's a night and day difference in feel.  The car starts
understeering much later.  I just replaced the front bearings so I
thought I'd be entitled to bash on them a little bit, but from what I
understand, 1 degree isn't all that much.  The car was set at .5
degrees negative before.

All the shops I've been to except for one has given me a hard time
about aligning out of spec.  If you're in the Bay Area, check out
Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley. . .they're a bit on the expensive side,
but I'd rather pay for someone who doesn't give you sh** about your
tires wearing out (I bought them. . . they should be mine to wear out
however I want). . .and who knows what they're doing around vw's.

My setup is Bilstein sports, No-speed sport springs, stock rear bar and
22mm front bar, and toyo proxes  195\50 R15.  One thing at a time. .
.trying to make it turn better.

The alignment tweek made a huge difference.

-'Chung