Re: Need your advise here!

Brian Honnold wrote:

> Nigel,
>
> How are you making the A3 tranny fit???  Isn't it the cable shift one???
>
> I was considering this for my 2.0 16V project but I couldn't get past the cable stuff
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Brian Honnold
> '78 Rocco Ragtop
> '99 Passat GLX

no, i bought the 2.0 8v tranny, it's the same as the 16v ones. I'm pretty sure you can
get the cable stuff to fit, i've seen some rabbits in a british mag that had a G60
trannies. You'll also need the hydraulic clutch assembly... might be a bit tricky, but
doable.

isn't there someone on the list with a g60 conversion? they must have the cable tranny,
no?..

i saw Jon Nichols (canadian rally champ, i think) A3 golf rally car last week-end, what a
beast!! it had the cable tranny, but i think he had modified it somehow so that it worked
as a sequential shift.. very trick!

-nigel.
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco