RE: Question for MkI owners who have converted to the MkII dash

On Monday, July 12, 1999 8:49 AM, John C. Worden
[SMTP:scirocco@midmaine.com] wrote:
> This morning I did a trial fit and it doesn't fit.  How did you guys do
it;
>  Trim the corners or leave gap between the dash and windshield?  Or did I
> just not force it enough?  Hope somebody has an answer.
> Thanks.
>

> John Worden
> Old Town, Maine

Nener Nener Nener
I'm not going to teeelllllll

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX

PS,  on the under side of the MkII dash just where it contacts the
windsheld there are 5 or six little clippy things.....remove the clips then
trim off the carboard bumps that the clipy thinys were attached too...The
dash will fit totally flush with the bottom of the windshield and u can use
the top stock dolt hole to hold it in on both sides.

I also have all the dirty little secrets to fitting the non-ac MkII airbox
and center console with controls.