Re: front axle replacement

--- markie@popmail.com wrote:

> hey daun... once I forgot to tighten these 8 or so bolts
> that hold the cv to the drive flange... I thought my
> transmission had gone out.. because while I was driving
> it
> just stopped pulling... revved and revved and it never
> would move.

Believe it or not, I got my '85 Scirocco for $200 (mods and
extra rims included even!) because of something similar.
The inner passenger cv joing went cablooey on the p.o's way
to work hence the car wouldn't move.  (He thought the
tranny died)  I had a spare axle layin' around, so I towed
the car home, installed the spare axle, and drove the car
to work the next day.  Gotta love deals like that!

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry