More Mk1 16v swap problems...

Ok.. I'm pretty far along in the swap.. and would I check to see if certain
things actually fit under the hood??? No way!

I was all set on putting the fuel distro on the passenger side...until I
realized it's a good 2 inches too high. I'm using the setup out of an '89
GLI.

Now.. is this easily remedied? Can I use or modify the existing air box with
the bottom end of a Scirocco 16v airbox? Is there any way at all to keep the
setup on the passenger side of my '81 Scirocco?

I'm thinking no.

Let's say I had to put it behind the battery (where the old CIS box was).
I'd need an upper intake, air boot, and the correct injector lines, from a
Scirocco 16v, no?

Am I to assume that if that's all I need, my throttle body and all other
accessories will be all good?

Ugh. Defeat in such a late stage of the game.. especially when I didn't see
it coming.. is painful.

I WANT MY ROCCO BACK! (Oldsmobiles suck)

-Dave
'81 Scirocco S 16v (once she's done)