Re: question? coolant expansion tank's sensor-area leaking coolant??

At 15:59 7/5/99 -0700, David Liu wrote:

>hood, i saw coolant leaking from the expansion tank's sensor - upon closer
>inspection (the engine's still hot) i noticed that the coolant was coming
>from four sides of the sensor, so i thought maybe this was normal. plus,

Dave,
I don't know what the Mk 2 coolant expansion tanks look like, but if
they're at all similar to the VW Vanagon tanks, then probably your mechanic
didn't do it, and it is more likely that the expansion tank or the cap that
the sensor sits in has developed a small crack due to old age.

Hope this helps,
Joachim
78 Mk 1
90 Vanagon

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghg.net

Last night I went home at 2 with a 10 and woke up at 10 with a 2.