RE: oil leak

I had the same problem. There are actually two oil pressure sensors. On the
16v they are both located right on top of the little "arm" that the oil
filter screws on to on the front of the engine. Make sure you get the
correct one (or just change both). One is a high-pressure switch and the
other is a low-pressure switch, and they look almost identical (same threads
and electrical connector). Don't remember the actual pressure at the
moment...

Mine blew out rather suddenly. One day on the way to work, my oil light came
on and the car started acting really funny. I went through 4 quarts of oil
getting the rest of the way to work and then back home at the end of the
day! Scared the s**t out of me until I realized it was such a simple
problem. Fixed in 1/2 hour or less for super-cheap! It also fixed a problem
with my oil light coming on even when the oil was fine (I guess the sensor
went bad before the seals blew), so I was double-happy.

Neal
88 16v