Re: Low Voltage

At 06:17 PM 7/3/99 -0700, Eric Parusel wrote:

> I'm just curious as to why my voltage is only 12.5 volts, could it be because
> of bad wiring?? Or would my alternator be to blame?? I have a Canadian 1982
> Scirocco, would anyone know how many amps my alternator produces?
> thanks!
>
> Eric Parusel
> ericparusel@home.com

Where you take the voltage reading?  Is this 12.5V at the alternator or
battery?  If you suspect wiring try a reading at the alt. then somewhere in the
car.  I wouldn't be too concerned yet, unless it's causing problems, because
12.5V isn't very bad, but it should be over 13 most of the time.  Do you have
another alt. to swap in?  You probably have the 65amp alternator.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V(rear stuff done)  now the
front end, engine bay and electrical.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)