Re: ANYBODY PLEASE>>>>MY ROCCO IS DYING!!!!!!!!!

Addressed to: CLaYpOoLME@aol.com
              scirocco-l@scirocco.org

** Reply to note from CLaYpOoLME@aol.com Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:25:11 EDT

> hello listers......i gotta situation here.....just started last
> night.....never happened before...just this morning i went outside to
> start  up the car and put it into gear.....i let my foot off the clutch
> and feel a  clunking noise!!!!!!!!!!!ohh no! After taking it around the
> block i realize  that this clunking only happens when 1)i am starting off
> 2)when i am cruisin  at like 20 and i hit the accelerator
> hard............i believe thet it is an  engine mount or trans
> mount....but i dont really know where to start in my  approach towards
> fixing it.......what should i look for under the hood? How  much are
> mounts?where are the trans mounts located? and the obvious-----Is  anybody
> selling mounts?please write back.....i need you now more than ever...

  I had a similar problem. In my case, it would CLUNK during standing
starts, CLUNK again when stopping. In fact, each time there were two clunks
one on each side of the front of the car.

  The problem was loose front rool bar bolts, where they attach to the
underside
of the car.

        Jean-Claude
        84 8v