GII/JII BB Install, was - Re: Fwd: COOL Scircco mod.

Hey everyone!

That web page listed below belongs to a fellow list member, ME!!!,
heheh. Here is how I did the GII/JII BB Instalation!

First off, I had originally had the bumper on my original bumper frame.
That looked kinda lame, and stuck out about 2-3 inches or so more.

Parts needed:
GII/JII Big Bumper (mine cost me $85 after tax)
Rabbit Euro Bumper frame (in order to keep body from flexing, to have a
bumper, etc. I got mine from a junkyard for $15)
You CAN use original frame, but i wouldnt. its too big, plus heavy.
Rocco Euro Bumper would prob work, but id rather pay $15 than $400
Bolts to install it on frame (the clips dont work)
the bolts i used had a V-head and fit flush against the plastic.

Euro Plate (to cover up those bolts :-)

Tools needed:
3/4" Socket/Open End Wrench (to remove old bumper)
Screwdriver (to remove Headlights)
2 people (makes it a little easier this way)
13 MM or 1/2" socket (for Rabbit Euro bumper bolts)
Grinding wheel (i used an electric one)
Grinding Discs
marker of some sort (black??, to make marks ;-) hehe)

Instalation Procedure:
(w/ rabbit euro frame, if you want other way, ask me, but its similar)

Remove grill
Remove headlights
Remove old bumper (may need 2 people, its heavy)
W/ new bumper, grind off all of the clips on the inside that would
normally hold it on the frame. you wont need em
you may have to do some other grinding here...
put rabbit frame in the center of the inside
Drill hole through plastic where the center hole in frame is
put nut and bolt and tighten
drill 2 more holes around the center (where euro plate would cover)
through frame and plastic
nut and bolt
now, have friend hold bumper like you would be installing it. Use marker
to mark where you want to cut on the sides of the bumper to make it fit.

Also: Grind off that CM of space where on the top of the cover it meets
just below the headlights.

Make any adjustments, all should be well

Have Fun!!! And I wanna see pics!
Pete