RE: MAYBE YOU CAN HELP...

>the problem is this:  the car hesitates under acceleration, noticeably
>when taking a right turn. (Fuel starvation while cornering.) ...
>
>then we deduced that the fuel tank must be bad (old age, been sitting for
>a while...) we removed the tank and inspected inside.  it was not
>considerably bad, but noticed some sediments inside.  also noted, inside
>the tank, there's a tube that seems like it should be connected to the
>tube that goes outside of the tank.  like there should be a rubber piece
>of somekind.  it might have deteriorated or something.  is this correct?

my scirocco had a similar problem, but it would happen when i put the
brakes on (fuel starvation when stopping.).  my problem was with the
pickup tube(s) in the tank.  when i slowed down, the fuel pump (don't
know if it was transfer pump or main pump) made a groaning noise and the
car would stall.  something about a line in the tank being loose i was
told.

chris
86 16V scirocco