Re: [Opinions] 0.80 5th Gear Conversion -- 16v

In a message dated 1/27/99 3:26:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jason@scirocco.org writes:

<< Not I.  What car do you have, David? 8v or 16v? Which tranny?  Of all the
 guys I know with 16Vs, all of us want to change the 5th gear-- it's not
 only maddening, it's just not worth it.. >>

Jason, You know me!!!  I am not changing any time soon.  I LOVE not having to
downshift when I want to pass or If i'm climbing up one of those neverending
hills. I don't live in Germany or Montana... and YES, if I did and was
constantly driving 100-115mph then I'd definitely consider it.  The only REAL
benefit you're going to get from changing your 5th gear is gas mileage.  Oh,
and I don't want to hear that its gonna make ur engine last longer either if
you are pulling less RPM's.  That's balogna.  If somebody doesn't like the
rattling buzzy motor, then they should have an A2 or A3.  Oooh yah that'll put
a sour taste in somebody's mouth.. hehehe.(i'm not pickin on U jason.. heehee)
Dan May
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4(this truck has the tallest 5th gear EVER)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87