[Fwd: solid shifting Pilots]

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 05:56:42PM -0800, T Berk wrote:
> Jared Erlandson wrote:

> > Which rod do you attach the weight to?

Mr. Tosha pipped in w/ :
> If I'm not mistaken people are attaching the weight to the long rod that
> connects the bottom of the shifter ball and the transfer assembly in the
> engine bay.
> hth, correct me if I'm wrong,
> TBerk

And Dan to the rescue with the right info:
Nope. It's the rod that connects the selector lever on the tranny to the
relay lever that mounts in the relay shaft bracket.

If you go to
http://home1.2.sbbs.se/pelleman/troubleshoot/microfilm/A1/sect7/122.gif
(which is a golf linkage, btw.), It is the part labled 20.

sorry for my misguided misinformation.
TBerk

---- Begin included message ----
On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 05:56:42PM -0800, T Berk wrote:
> Jared Erlandson wrote:

> > Which rod do you attach the weight to?
>
> If I'm not mistaken people are attaching the weight to the long rod that
> connects the bottom of the shifter ball and the transfer assembly in the
> engine bay.

Nope. It's the rod that connects the selector lever on the tranny to the
relay lever that mounts in the relay shaft bracket.

If you go to
http://home1.2.sbbs.se/pelleman/troubleshoot/microfilm/A1/sect7/122.gif
(which is a golf linkage, btw.), It is the part labled 20.

Dan
---- End included message ----