RE: Performance difference w/o a cat?

simply removing a cat will NOT give you 10hp.  the difference between
the 129hp and 139hp has to do with more than just the cat.  they also
used K-jet instead of KE-jet, vacuum advance ignition, etc.  they
probably removed it to allow a richer mixture that may overheat a cat,
or maybe to allow the use of leaded gas which would allow more ignition
advance.  THAT i can see adding 10hp up top.  but JUST swapping out a
cat/downpipe with a catless downpipe will not net 10hp.  no way, no how.

chris
86 16V scirocco