Re: passing emissions

At 11:29 AM 1/21/99 , you wrote:
>someone suggested a bottle of rubbing alcohol in a tank 1/8th full of
>gas.  rubbing alcohol is 30% water.  this is bad, right?  i know someone
>did this and it worked.  is it worth the risk?  i've heard suggestions
>of a product call HEAT?  also, anyone try those over the counter
>"guaranteed to pass emissions" gas additives?  lemme know..

I did, on a '95 Honda Civic VTEC.. The HC limit was 180ppm, and the car
scored 190-something... I figured since it was so close, one of those
"Guaranteed" deals would work. Spend $6 on the bottle, $35 on the emissions
test... and the results were worse - like 215ppm or something. I got $9
back from the product mfr, but that's a far cry from the extra $30-some I
paid to fail the next test.

Do yourself (and the environment) a favor-- get your car runnig right.
Running properly, you'll get better mileage, pollute less, and (get this)
your car will be even faster.  16Vs should not have any problem at *all*
passing emissions testing if it's running right.  Riley had an emissions
test on his 1.8 16v last year *without* a cat and it *still* would have
passed US emissions testings..

Don't throw your money away-- go get a tune up. :)
		Jason