Re:

Anthony Volpe wrote:

>         I have a 1986 4cyl, manual transmission, Scirocco.  I have been
> experiencing problems with the idle.  Either it's too high, or too low to
> the point of stalling.  In the warmer weather it is normal, but in the
> colder weather, the idle jumps between 2000 and 3000 rpm.  I adjusted the
> idle in the colder temperatures, but when the weather gets warmer the idle
> is too low.
>
>         What could be the problem and what can I do to correct this?

If I had to guess I'd say vacuum leaks. My car idled at 1200, sometimes
jumping between 2 and 3 thousand rpm's. I found bad injector o rings, two
loose hoses, a missing intake bolt, loose intake bolts, and a missing hose.
The car doesn't even run anything like when I bought it. I've found this same
type of problem on many cars. Good luck...

Jason
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.