No Subject

        I have a 1986 4cyl, manual transmission, Scirocco.  I have been
experiencing problems with the idle.  Either it's too high, or too low to
the point of stalling.  In the warmer weather it is normal, but in the
colder weather, the idle jumps between 2000 and 3000 rpm.  I adjusted the
idle in the colder temperatures, but when the weather gets warmer the idle
is too low.

        What could be the problem and what can I do to correct this?

Tony