Re: CV Joints - AGAIN!

> MarkThomas wrote:
>
> Does anyone know if the CV joints on the Scirocco are a common
> weakness on the car.
> About a month ago I had to replace the left one (Split Boot then dried
> out)
> Now the other is playing up. The boot isn't split, but there is alot
> of play in the joint. I can feel/hear it clicking.
> Is it the car or my driving style?
> I have to admit that I have a tendancy to drive quite aggressively.
>
> Mark Thomas '87 Scirocco GT
> Email: scirocco.gt@virgin.net

They are sympathetic to each other.  :)

But really, consider that they may very will be of the same age so may
well expire at around the same time.

Drive safe but don't be too afraid of babying it, If they need to be
replaced ( after how many years now? ) then swap the puppies out.

Question for the list and parts suppliers in general:  Are there
different quality CVs? Any to tend toward or avoid?

TBerk