Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

>>When did you first know you had to have a  Scirocco for yourself?  What
>>was it >>about the car that made you want one so badly?

	I fell in love with the look of the car (Mk.1) when I first became
aware of them around 1975.  I wanted one primarily based on its looks
followed by its utilitarian nature (hatchback) and good fuel economy.  I
was somewhat deterred by fears of unreliability which unfortunately came
true when I bought my first '81 (black "S" model) in '87.  I've since come
to appeciate the relative ease of working on the car and nice handling.
I've acquired a much more reliable dark gray '81 in '96 and it is my only
car now.  I'm still crazy about the styling although unlike a lot of you, I
have no loyalty to VW or any other car maker, only to particular models.
	Regarding car names, a friend of mine christened the black Scirocco
the "Battle Coffin" partly out of vampyric suspicions and also because I
was often found sleeping in it.  benton-----