Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

At 08:59 PM 1/14/99 -0800, David Ruby wrote:
No alterior motives here.  I just thought it would be fun to invite answers to the following questions:

When did you first know you had to have a Scirocco for yourself?

In 1988 I was a senior in high school and a girl in my class had a MKI.  It was pretty beat up but still looked cool.   I wanted a MKI from then on.  Oddly, I didn't care for the MKII's at the time.  I liked golfs at the time too and wanted a 16v one more than the Scirocco.  But one day in '94 I past an '87 Scirocco 16v for sale, fell in love with it, and bouight it.  Shortly after I gave my GTI to my sister;I just couldn't drive the damned thing anymore.

What was it about the car that made you want one so badly?

Beautiful lines, small size.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
'98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
'84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
'69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration) -- To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe scirocco-l" to majordomo@scirocco.org. If you experience other problems, email: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org