Re: Fryguys hyd -vs- solid lifter theories...

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 10:41:38 -0800 Kevin <aventari@cts.com> writes:
>Here's what Robert Collins says about lightening the valve train,
>whichsolid lifter definately do at a very reasonable price.
>-whopper snipolah!-

His comments are for building the ultimate valve train. Nothing he used
is stock. Also his comments come from the aspect of
building/machining/modifying the valve train.

>And here's what he has to say on the subject of Hydraulic heads.. I
>can't verify his claims, but Mr. Collins is a respected authority on the

>subject of VW Performance..
>-more whopper snippage!-

He only complains about the modifications he wants to do. Nowhere does he
speak of performance gains, hp figures or longevity. besides that, his
comments are based on what he likes to do to a head via the modification
procedures/tools available to him.
So, you would use one mans opinion as a foundation to which you bandwagon
the lifter differences? He is respected but he is also ONE MAN.

There are more engine builders who im sure, have a different idea as to
what works best. Different strokes for different folks and nowhere have I
ever heard a performance figure difference beyond the theories of what it
is the HYD and solid lifters do.
Anyone else?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and