Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

Hello list,

    >When did you first know you had to have a Scirocco for yourself?

in fall of 1974, I was 7 years old and we visited friends of my parents.
They had a brandnew Mk1. ( That makes me oldest Scirocco-lover in this list
so far :-)  I was totally amazed and
I promised myself  to own such a thing someday
- I had the first real aim in my life !

    >What was it about the car that made you want one so badly?

Styling of the Rocco was SO different from other cars of those days.
Clean lines, wedge-shaped, just a pure driving machine.

>  Now I ask
>myself, "is it possible to be in love with an inanimate object?"

yes, speaking just for me this is possible,
I have driven ( on business) so many other cars that I LIKE and that are
probably better than my Rocco ( Mercedes S-Klasse, BMW 7er,
Audi V8 just to name some )
but in the evening, when I changed cars and sat in my Scirocco again,
I was not disappointed, but  I felt "at home again"
I like other cars but I LOVE my Rocco.

at this 03. of March 1988 - the day I finally bought my Mk1 -
my life changed...

Dirk

'83 53b GTX