Tire question(Dunlop, BFGoodrich,Bridgestone, Pirelli, Sumitomo, Continental)

Hi everyone, my sister is going to need new tires for her '97 GTI soon.
She currently has Goodyear GSA(or something like that) 195/60-14.  They
kind of suck.  So I'm looking for decent replacement that won't cost her
big bucks.  She doesn't need high performance either, just something that
handles well for the money.  So I was looking at the following tires and
wonder if anyone has experience with any fo them, good or bad.
Dunlop- D60A2
Dunlop- GT Qualifier
BFGoodrich-Radial T/A
BFGoodrich- Touring T/A HR4
Bridgestone-Potenza RE910
Pirelli-P4000 Super Touring
Continental- CH/CV/CZ 90
Sumitomo-HTR 4
Any help would be welcome, thanks.
Hmm Scirocco content.... It's too cold to work on my Scirocco and I bought
a 2.0 16v block for my engine.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)