Re: Leaded Gas (non-scirocco)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:37:58 PST "noodle noggin" <scirocco82@hotmail.com>
writes:
>I usesd unleaded in my '67 squareback for a year before I sold it, with
>no problems at all. oh I did have a rebuilt engine in it.
>I don't know if that matters, I guess I am no help at all!!! I will
>just quit replying, thats all.

The early VW's were built to run on leaded fuel. Aswe all know, the lead
helped reduce detonation.
BAck when they were discussing not using leaded fuels, I recall the only
mod for older cars was that new valve seats were needed to be able to use
unleaded fuel. Cant recall why exactly (Was years ago..)
Anyhoo..... I guess I am no help at all either!!! I will just quit
replying too, thats all, n-kay.
:)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and