Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

At 08:59 PM 1/14/99 -0800, David Ruby wrote:

Q1. When did you first know you had to have a  Scirocco for yourself?

The Porsche 924 had come out and I would ride to High School every morning
the same time one in white, with stripes down the side would roll up the
road. sigh. Love that bodywork. The 944 came later and it was nice, nice,
nice. Somewere around this time I started paying more attention to elegant
bodies ( heh heh ), Alfa Romeo GT, Lotus, Pantera. Well some weren't quite
so elegant. :)

I can't remember the day I fixed on sciroccos specifically but I _doo_
remember vividly the day a friend and I were in Berkekly Ca and pasted by a
silver '77 4sp for sale and I was hooked. he car had three shot bearings
and no shocks to speak of and I drove that thing up and down the freeway,
kangeroo hopping over the freeway undulations all the way, with a huge grin
on my face.

I got to driving two strangers every morning accross the bay bridge into
S.F. and this leads me to the second question...

Q2. What was it about the car that made you want one  so badly?

I used to take long lunches and tool around San Francisco. Up and down and
in and out. And around and around and around.

The obvious answer is the fantastic styling and propotions of the original
Mark 1 Scirocco. Sexy, tight, crisp.

TBerk
Don't forget to thank your car, esp after really hard runs.