Re: Cincy cruise -- Bail bonds, anyone?

At 02:16 PM 1/14/99 , Paul Maione wrote:
>Hey, well if Meze and Jason are getting arrested, I'm
>expecting to get arrested this year also! Who's going to be my cell
>mate? I need someone to protect from all those real criminals! I've
>always wanted to visit an american jail! If not, I'm going to pick
>someone at random! "It was him officer! He made me do it"
>Meze-"He's full of shit Mr.Officer!"

No, actually, it was MEZE who told the police that he was racing, and
therefore *I* got my ass thrown in jail! I, of course, told them I was not
racing...  See, the definition of racing is very hazy-- there is no law
against flooring your gas pedal and shifting at redline when the light
turns green.  I umm... um... I did it because I was pissed that the carwash
had just eaten $6 worth of my quarters and wanted to take some aggression
out on my car...
	Regardless, the cop didn't buy it (even though I did just lose $6 in the
machine, and I was really pissed off about it)... the cop was pissed off
cause it was July 4th and he had to work.
	The DA didn't seem to give a shit-- we didn't have to even *ask* for
anything and he dropped it to 64 in a 55... he knew damn well that the cop
didn't have a leg to stand on (After I got through with him, he wouldn't
have *ever* stood again, but that's another story), and "Participating in a
Speed Contest" is *NOT* an arrestable offense.
	I also don't think they liked it too much when I showed up with my
original bail receipt, and was quick to point out to my lawyer and the DA
that the "signature" on the supposed "written confession" that I made was
**exactly** the same signature on my bail receipt. (They scanned it and
then printed it on a piece of paper with the typed words "Okay, I admit it,
I was drag racing".)  First of all, like I would TYPE "Okay, i admit it..."
on any official document.  And like I wasn't going to notice that if you
held the two pieces of paper on top of each other, the signatures matched
perfectly.
	So, rather than risk me start a corruption investigaton for unlawful
arrest and falsifying information, I think the DA made the wise choice by
immediately dropping all criminal charges and giving me a 64- in a 55-
ticket... which I readily accepted-- not only because I probably was 9mph
over the speed limit at some point in the alledged "drag race"-- but also
because if meant no criminal record and no required second appearance.

	And, on that note, I would like to thank the two guys who bailed me out...
Talk about embarrasing. Nigel and Elmo?  Thanks... if you two wanna come to
Cincy, I'll bail you out no matter what you do! :) Shawn, if you make it
out and get arrested, I will let you stay the night so at least you can get
laid while you're out east. :)

	Jason