Re: New suspension

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:23:36 -0800 jonny@mocha.iceinternet.com (Crabill
Jon) writes:

>I need some advice on some new springs and struts for my 76 rocco race
>car.  I have been looking at Neuspeed's race springs and am overwhelmed
>with the gobs of struts out there.  I really need coilovers, but can't
>afford the price.  TIA for any advice.

Sure you can.
The price for a set of coilovers is only a little more than NS race
springs. Besides that, its cost effective to get the coilovers now and
later have the ability to change spring rates (To dial in the
suspension.) than it would be to buy a set of NS springs and eventually
upgrade to coilovers later. (you will eventually discover the next step
is coilovers anyways so why not just do it right the first time.) So,
save up and get the coilovers. You will be better for it in the long run.
Coilovers are only $400 anyways.

Struts:
Koni's all the way. Expensive but with the lifetime warranty, worth it
100%. Especially for a race car. You could always buy 2 at a time you
know.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and