Re: [neo-Scirocco] Any Photo Artists out there?

Yeah, I sure do miss the 80's.  Listen, though--I don't want you
to think I didn't appreciate what you had done--it just got me
thinking about what would have happened to the Scirocco if still
in production.  I do give credit to VW for holding out at least a
little bit in their design evolution.  Look at the Jetta, which
until this year or last still held the boxy sharp lines in its
style and you can still see some of that.  I sometimes am dismayed
when a car company has come up with a really "classic" design, one
that is like no other and has an enduring sense of identity, and
then all of sudden completely scraps it.  I guess they think
everyone wants something new all the time.  Not true.  I think
back to the T-bird.  What a hodge-podge of identities!  In the
80's I felt they had come up with a beautiful flowing
design--ahead of its time--but then after a successful run of
sales, they scrapped it for a boxier shape.  I suspect they don't
sell as many now.

Say, how do like photoshop?  I'd really like to get some better
graphics software, but not sure which.  Some have suggested
Coreldraw, but couldn't tell me what made it better.

Jennifer

----------
| From: Neal Tovsen <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu>
| To: 'SigMac' <sigmac@portland.quik.com>
| Subject: RE: [neo-Scirocco] Any Photo Artists out there?
| Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 11:11 AM
|
| You know, I think you're probably right. That was the hardest
part about
| trying to decide out what to with that thing. The Scirocco is so
heavily
| dependent on it's '80's-style sharp lines, that I couldn't quite
decide what
| to do, especially with the spoiler. The spoiler didn't quite
look right, but
| it looked even more like a Hyundai (Thanks, Owen, for all your
support!
| Actually, I thought it looked like a Saturn).
|
| Then again, if the Corvette and the 911 can do it...it's not
/impossible/.

| Neal

SigMac
| > Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 4:04 AM
| > To: Owen
| > Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
| > Subject: Re: [neo-Scirocco] Any Photo Artists out there?
| >

| > You know, this got me to thinking.  Sciroccos are kinda like
| > Marilyn Monroe.  She'd be in her 70's if she were alive, way
past
| > her prime, probably stretched, and surgically implanted and
all
| > that crap to try to look young and new.  Now, if VW were still
| > making Sciroccos, I bet they'd do the same damn thing.  The
| > Scirocco is a classic, partly because she left the production
line
| > in her prime.  I'm glad we still get to see her that way.
| >
| > Maybe it's true:  "Only the good die young."  :)
| >
| > Jennifer
| >
| > ----------
| > | From: Owen <rabeys@cadvision.com>
| > | To: Neal Tovsen <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu>; T Berk
| > <tberk@mindspring.com>; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
| > | Subject: Re: [neo-Scirocco] Any Photo Artists out there?
| > | Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 1:46 AM
| > |
| > | wow, thats a good job for a photoshop beginner, but i think
an
| > updated
| > | scirocco looks more at home in a hyundai dealership or
something
| > :)
| > |
| > | Owen