[Speakers!!][the return!]

V-gates?
Its been SO long that this thread had been around I decided to revive it.
I know this will make everybody happy!

My point to this posting is really nothing more than a discovery combined
with an observation or two.

Heres the deal, I have a plain Jane Kenwood CD player, no amp and 4 stock
sized Kenwood 4X6 speakers in their stock locations. Absolutely nothing
special about this at all, other than for the most part, its just sorta
stock. It sounds good for what it is.

Ever since I've had this car, I have never had a rear shelf. Recently,
(Thanks to VWP) I aquired a rear shelf (without speaker holes) and its
been residing back there for the last few weeks. Today on my way home
from work, I cranked some "Korn" (Its a band, dont ask, I listen to wierd
stuff.) up louder than normal (I was in a good mood) and for the first
time - BASS. The rear shelf does seem to enhance the rear speakers to
actually give the effect of bass from the rear. Heard things I hadnt
heard before.

So, if you like music, have rear stock speakers and dont have a rear
shelf, get one, makes a difference.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and