Re: Could it be?

>---Mark A Peele <scirocco.gtx@juno.com> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, Scirocco S never came in light blue.
>>
>> Mark . . .   (THINK VW)
>> Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
>> Scirocco 1981 S (working on this)
>
>Let's see, there was black, white & grey...I remember seeing
>(and owning) several of those.  But if memory serves me correctly,
>I think I really may have actually seen one in light blue.  It
>was a metalic looking 'ice' blue.  Maybe I'm just a bit foggy
>on it...I think I remember the red 'S' badging because I remember
>thinking that it was really an odd color.  I do know that non-S cars
>had red badging sometimes too, and I also realize that MK2's later
>came in an 'icy' blue.
>
>==Brett

	I agree with Brett, I've seen a couple of "S"'s in this light
metallic blue grey.  Definitely not the powder blue of the air-cooled cars
or the early Rabbits.  Can't vouch for it coming from the factory this way
but the fact that I've seen several would lead me to think so.  On the
other hand, I've never seen a white "S", but many in Mars red.  Mark, you
have the brochures, right?  Maybe this "light blue" has a different, sexier
name?  benton-----