Wiring Euro Daytime Running Lights(and other things)

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I want to wire up my daytime running lights so that
they go on when I start the car, but not when I put on
the parking lights. Is there a simple way to do something like this or
does it become a difficult task?

Also I pushed in both of my bumpers, but the only thing I don't like
about them is that the bumpers skins stick out pretty far on both
sides of the fenders. Do you think it would be wise to cut off the
excess plastic on them, or it would look nasty?

And finally, I never had the ability to move my seat up and down with
the lever on the right side of my seat. It is stuck all the way down,
and I would like to raise it a bit, because I have sitting low when
I'm driving. How would one fix that? First things first, how do I
remove the front seat?

TIA!

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v
In search for a Rabbit GTI (Given up. Lack of funds)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/scirocco2.htm
  -The nicest looking Scirocco in a 12 Kilmoter radius.-
(Actually, the only Scirocco within a 12 Kilometer radius!!)