RE: Heated seats? how to

Unfortunately most (if not all) of the scirocco seats (w/cloth) both 8v
and 16v were not heated.  However, I recently added heat to them (my 16v
seats) by using theraputic heating pads, a 150w power inverter, a
standard relay and a nice switch.  Although not quite as quick as some
of the newer heated seats (takes about 8 mins to really feel it) I have
used them in the cold for about 1 month now and been VERY happy with the
results.  I figure the entire project cost me 65 dollars or so.  If
anybody wants more specifics let me know.  I hope to have pix scanned
soon and post them on Tim Ebling's excellent scirocco page (....if you
don't mind Tim...hehe).

Cheers!
Jared Erlandson
red 87 8v (feel the heat !)