Mini-slip and Velocity limited-slip.

The factory mini-slip and Velocity limited-slip upgrade do NOT provide a
percentage of locking by any stretch of the imagination.  To call it 3% to
5% or 40% to 60% (etcetera) is really inaccurate and misleading.

They both provide a static amount of "breakaway torque" that must be
overcome for the wheels to turn at different rates.  The stock system might
be in the neighborhood of 5 ft-lbs.  As far as I know, Velocity is only
selling one version of their kit now which they say offers about 80 ft-lbs
of breakaway torque.

My $.02 is that the factory mini-slip is worthless and the Velocity kit
*might* actually be worth the $99 it costs, but not much more.  It's
certainly no Quaife.

Bradley
1986 S16V 2.0l http://effervescent.com/vw/
Get your Quaife for $835 NOW before time runs out.
http://effervescent.com/vw/quaife.html