Re: Door Problema.

>     I went out to my car today to get in for the ride to work. My door
> was frozen and it took some force to get it open and now it won't stay
> shut. The latch thing on the door that is supposed to move into
position
> around the pin on the body doesn't stay in the closed position to hold
> the door shut. It just springs back to the open position. Did I bust
the
> dam box on the door or is it just frozen? Anyone have any input on how
> to fix this. I am thinking of just going to the local junkyard and
> grabbing a new one off another Scirocco there, but if I can fix it
> without doing so, I would prefer too..

If you're talking about that latch inside the door
handle the one that you push with your hand to open
the door, then it's probably just frozen. Take a hair
dryer to it, put a screw driver and pop it back into
place, then grease it up with some WD-40. That happend
to my car one cold day, but no more after that.

HTH!
==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v
In search for a Rabbit GTI (Given up. Lack of funds)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/scirocco2.htm
  -The nicest looking Scirocco in a 12 Kilmoter radius.-
(Actually, the only Scirocco within a 12 Kilometer radius!!)