Re: Charging Problem...please help me!

On Fri, 08 Jan 1999 01:51:42 -0800 Sal Guzzo <yu129742@yorku.ca> writes:
>Well,
>
>I got my car back today thinking that everything was going to be
>alright..........guess not.  Thankfully I was with some people who
assited
>in push starting my Rabbit.  Here's my problem which I can't figure out.
>can start the car and run it fine.  The volt. gauge reads about 13v
while
>driving.  If I shut the car off and try to start it, it starts.
However,
>if I let the car sit for a while, nothing happens. The lights will come
on
>and then it'll try to crank and just dies.

I say its a voltage drop from the battery. After you shut it off and
crank it, the battery is freshly fully charged so its bale to crank the
engine fast enough to restart the car.
After it sits, the voltage drope enough to not allow the motor to start.
Could be in combination with a cold start problem too. HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and